AL$ at Fresno State
The goal of the Affordable Learning Solutions (AL$) campaign at Fresno State is to provide faculty information about affordable and accessible content that meets the educational objectives of their courses. This content may come in the form of open educational resources, textbook rental, adoption of e-texts, creation of reading packets through the Madden Library, and several other options.
The AL$ Taskforce is Library-led and a standing information item on the President’s Information and Educational Technology Coordinating Committee (IETCC) agenda.
Duties of the AL$ Taskforce:
- Provide leadership and oversight on AL$ programs at Fresno State.
- Raise awareness and create buy-in for AL$ at Fresno State.
- Serve as campus contact for information on AL$.
- Manage links to AL$ resources and showcase faculty actively participating in AL$.
- Serve as the campus contact/partner for CSU-wide and Chancellor’s Office initiated AL$ efforts.
What if I’m already using low-cost/no-cost materials in my class?
Great! We’d love to highlight what you’ve done in our Super AL$ Faculty Showcase. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.