Tutorials Available in Blackboard
We have five modules available that will add to your success as students here at Fresno State as well as teach you invaluable skills to become lifelong information and digitally literate individuals. They are:
- Welcome to the Library: online tour of Library services
- Choosing a Topic: techniques on how to focus and brainstorm on a topic
- Searching, Finding and Evaluating Books: how to successfully perform research using the online catalog
- Searching, Finding and Evaluating Articles: how to successfully perform research using subscription databases
- Citing and Plagiarism: the importance of plagiarism and the specifics of different style manuals
Our online Information Literacy Modules (ILMs) or tutorials are synched to the ALA's (American Library Association) Information Literacy standards.
Past comments by students included the following:
"I think that these would be so useful to have at the beginning of freshman year. There is so much about the library that I didn't know. I wish I was required to take this last term."
"Overall it was great information that I learned today."
"I believe an email should be sent out in the beginning semester to let us know that there are tutorials available on how to effectively use the library resources."
Note: Chrome and IE are the recommended browsers for Blackboard XIII.
The ILMs or tutorials are in Blackboard.
Step-by-step video instructions on how to login to library tutorials in Blackboard.
Or download the instructions in pdf on how to login to library tutorials in Blackboard.